Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Course Wrap Up

     I have learned a lot this semester about how to use technology in the classroom.  I did not realize just how much technology can help not only in the general education classroom, but in the special education classroom as well.  I think that all teachers should utilize technology because in the long run, their students will really benefit from it and learn even more than they would have with out technology.  I feel that a lot of the activities we did with technology in class can be used in my future classroom and help make my students more engaged in learning.
     I think that one activity I would consider doing is making a webquest for my my students.  While I had a very difficult time completing the webquest activity, I think if it was done differently and made for children to understand, that it could be a great tool in the classroom.  Especially if students are working together it could be great because children who excel in school can help those who are having difficulties.  Webquests give children a chance to look up the answers in another medium besides a textbook.  Using the computer can make students more interested in the content and enjoy learning.
     I think that many of the assignments we completed in class are fabulous, and I definitely will consider using them when I have my own classroom.  Technology is a wonderful thing and should be utilized fully by teachers.  I think that by using technology, the students will be more involved in their learning, and by being more involved, they may even do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment